2012 APF Canada National Opinion Poll Data Visualization Challenge
To coincide with the release of its 2012 National Opinion Poll: Canadian Views on Asia the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is excited to coordinate a data visualization challenge with Vancouver Data Visualization. The challenge begins May 16, 2012 and will conclude on July 4, 2012 with a wrap up party hosted at APF Canada’s Vancouver offices.
Participants can download the full raw data in a excel spreadsheet here and view the PDF report of the data here. For your interest, click here to view the infographic APF Canada had created for this year’s poll. Final data visualizations must be submitted by July 3, 2012.
There will be an in-person presentation from a National Opinion Poll researcher on May 16, 2012 hosted by the Vancouver Data Visualization Meetup. For more information and to register to attend, please click here. Please contact Jillian Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-630-1536 if you have any questions regarding this challenge.
We look forward to your contributions!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Participants will have access to the National Opinion Poll data throughout the challenge on the APF Canada website.
• An APF Canada researcher will provide either a live or video discussion of the data.
• Participants will receive recognition of their name wherever the data visualizations are displayed (can be included on the final image itself.)
• Participants must submit the final drafts of their data visualizations by July 3, 2012 at 6:00PM (PST) by email to email@example.com
• Data visualizations will be displayed on the APF Canada National Conversation on Asia website in a gallery created especially for the project (www.nationalconversation.ca)
• APF Canada reserves the right to not publish the data visualizations in the gallery on its website if APF Canada deems that they misrepresent the data or if they include any discriminatory, defamatory or otherwise offensive content.
• If APF Canada deems that the finished data visualizations misrepresent the report or are offensive participants will be notified and given an opportunity to remedy their submissions so that they may be displayed on the APF Canada website.
• APF Canada reserves the right to publish the data visualizations on its homepage, social media channels, newsletters, or for any other purpose in the future.
• All rights to the visualization, including moral rights will be owned by APF Canada.
• Participants will be granted the right to publish their data visualizations in their portfolios, on their websites or elsewhere provided the proper credit for the data is attributed to APF Canada.
*At the bottom of the data visualization a line in no smaller than size 10 font must read “Data based on the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada National Opinion conducted by Angus Reid. 3,129 Canadian adults participated. Margin of error is +/-1.8% for the entire sample. www.asiapacific.ca”