February 26, 2015, Vancouver, BC – The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) today announced the recent appointment of four Fellows and the reappointment of two returning Fellows to its roster of experts on Canada-Asia relations.
APF Canada’s newly appointed Fellows include:
- Senior Fellow Saumitra Chaudhuri, an economist and a former member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India
- Distinguished Fellow Pitman Potter, Professor of Law at UBC Law Faculty and HSBC Chair in Asian Research at UBC’s Institute of Asian Research
- Executive Fellow Alison Nankivell, Vice President, Venture Capital Action Plan (VCAP), Business Development Bank of Canada
- Executive Fellow Geoffrey Mitchell, President of Brant Energy Inc., a New Hampshire-based energy consulting and infrastructure development firm
The Foundation’s reappointed Fellows include:
- Senior Fellow Brian Job, Professor of Political Science and Associate Director, Institute of Asian Research, UBC
- Senior Fellow Yves Tiberghien, Director of the Institute of Asian Research at UBC, Executive Director of the UBC China Council, Co-Director of the UBC Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs (MPPGA), and Associate Professor of Political Science
“We welcome our new and reappointed Fellows and the diverse wealth of knowledge and experience they bring to the Foundation,” said APF Canada President and CEO Stewart Beck. “Our Fellows add a unique voice to the critical conversation about future growth and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region and provide strategic guidance to the Foundation’s priorities and plans. As we move forward, they will play a key role in helping us deliver action-oriented support to governments, business and the social sector.”
Each year, APF Canada appoints a number of fellows to the roster of experts who are associated with the Foundation’s work. These fellows are selected on the merits of significant contributions to Canada-Asia relations in the areas of: scholarship, public policy, business, diplomacy, and civil society. Fellows provide input and advice to APF Canada’s research, events and major projects.
For full biographical information for all Senior Fellows, Distinguished Fellows and Executives Fellows, please click here. http://www.asiapacific.ca/about-us/senior-fellows-new
About the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) has been a leader in research and analysis on Canada's relations with Asia for 30 years. Our mission is to develop ideas for action by Canadian businesses, governments, and individuals to help them seize the vast opportunities unfolding in Asia. We do this by offering clear, specific, and actionable policy advice and leadership based on sound research and analysis.
APF Canada's current thematic priorities include trade and investment, energy and the environment, and international education. Engaged in research and convening, APF Canada has developed strong ties with policy-makers, business leaders, academics, and opinion makers in Canada and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Visit APF Canada at www.asiapacific.ca.
For more information please contact:
Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada