Vancouver, BC – April 16, 2013 – The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) today announced that it will host Canada-Asia 2013 , a major conference with leading industry and policy experts from North America and Asia to discuss Asia’s future and Canada’s strategy for engagement. The conference takes place at the Waterfront Fairmont Hotel in Vancouver, BC from June 3-5, 2013.
This year’s conference is themed ‘Navigating Asia’s Future, Charting Canada’s Strategy.’ The first day will explore major economic, political, security and social forces shaping Asia today. The second day will assess the implications for Canadian business and governments, and draw up recommendations for an Asia strategy for Canada. The patron of Canada-Asia 2013 is His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., Governor General of Canada.
This conference is being held in conjunction with the 21st General Meeting of the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC) and is presented in partnership with numerous sponsors including Presenting Partners, Sun Life Financial and Teck.
WHO - Featured Speakers Include:
• Dean Connor, CEO and President, Sun Life Financial (Canada)
• Peter Chalk, Senior Policy Analyst, RAND Corporation (United States)
• Rae Kwon Chung, Director, Environment and Development Division, UNESCAP (Thailand)
• John Denton, Partner and CEO, Corrs Chambers Westgarth (Australia)
• David Emerson, Senior Advisor, CAI Private Equity (Canada)
• Tom Jenkins, Executive Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer, Open Text Corporation (Canada)
• Masahiro Kawai, Dean, Asian Development Bank Institute (Japan)
• Kamal Kishore, Program Advisor, UNDP Disaster Reduction and Recovery Team (United States)
• Kevin Lynch, Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group (Canada)
• Randolph Mank, VP Asia, Blackberry (Singapore)
• Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Prime Minister of India on Public Information Infrastructure & Innovations (India)
• Atsushi Sunami, Advisor, Industrial Competitiveness Council of Japan (Japan)
• Jusuf Wanandi, International Co-Chair, Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (Indonesia)
• Zhang Yunling, Director, Institute of Asia Pacific Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (China)
WHEN: June 3-5, 2013
WHERE: Fairmont Waterfront Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
REGISTRATION: Open to the Public. Program and ticket info available at www.canadaasia2013.ca
About Canada-Asia 2013
Canada-Asia 2013 is the premier venue for executives to discuss the latest developments in Asia and to chart Canada's response to the rise of Asia. The conference is hosted by the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and held in conjunction with the 21st General Meeting of the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC), a network of business, government and academic thought-leaders from 23 Asia Pacific economies.
Conference Topics Include:
• Key Trends Shaping the Asia Pacific
• Green Growth: Asia Leading the Way?
• The New, New Thing: Creativity and Innovation in Asia
• Minding the Gap: Promoting Inclusive Growth in the Asia Pacific
• Preparing Canada's Next Generation: A Turn to Asia
• Addressing the Needs of Asia’s Booming Middle-Class: A New Market for Services
This conference is generously supported in part by our Presenting Partners: Sun Life Financial and Teck; Major Partners: BMO Financial Group and Shell; Supporting Partners: Export Development Canada, Government of Alberta, Government of British Columbia, HSBC Bank Canada, and Philips, Hager & North Investment Management; Associate Partners: CN and West Fraser; and Media Partner: The Globe and Mail. www.canadaasia2013.ca
About APF Canada
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is an independent, not-for-profit think tank on Canada’s relations with Asia. The Foundation brings together people and knowledge to provide current and comprehensive research, analysis and information on Canada’s transpacific relations. The Foundation is funded principally through an endowment from the Government of Canada and by corporate and individual donors.
For media registration or more info about the event, contact:
Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
Phone: (604) 630-1540