China's CNOOC Pulls Plug on Aurora LNG Project in BC

China's CNOOC Ltd. has cancelled a liquefied natural gas project planned for northwest British Columbia, The Globe and Mail reports today. The Aurora LNG project was to include an LNG terminal on provincial crown land on Digby Island, near Prince Rupert. But CNOOC, through its Calgary-based Nexen unit, and its partners, has announced its decision to scrap Aurora LNG, stating, “. . . the current macro-economic environment does not currently support the partners' vision of developing a large LNG business at the proposed Digby Island site." Through Nexen, CNOOC owns 60 per cent of Aurora LNG. The remaining 40 per cent is held by Inpex Corp., JGC Corp., and JOGMEC, all based in Japan.

Use 'AND' or 'OR' to refine your search.

Use quotes " " to get exact matches or remove them to get more results.