Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland announced nine diplomatic appointments today, including six appointments in Asia, including:
- Annie Dubé becomes Consul General in Mumbai (Republic of India).
- Wendy Gilmour becomes High Commissioner in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Nicole Girard becomes Consul General in Bengaluru (Republic of India).
- Diedrah Kelly becomes Ambassador to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in Jakarta.
- Deborah Paul becomes Ambassador to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- Mia Yen becomes Consul General in Chandigarh (Republic of India).