After a thaw in relations last year, Japan-Russia ties have been complicated by the recent Ukraine crisis. In this issue of Canada-Asia Agenda, J. Berkshire Miller discusses how the Japan-Russia relationship has evolved over the past year and where it can go from here.
- 2014 National Opinion Poll: Canadian Views on Asia
- Photos from the Canada-China Executive Forums
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada to Host Conference on Canada’s Asia Challenge: Building Skills and Knowledge for the Next Generation
- Can Indonesian democracy survive a strongman?
- Running Low: The Politics of China’s Water Insecurity
The Asia Factor
Our new interactive project, The Asia Factor, allows you to explore Asia's impact in each of Canada's provinces and territories through instant data visualization, and more. Discover how Asia matters to you!
Canada's Asia Challenge 2014
This conference will be held in Calgary October 15-17. Participants will come away with priorities and best practices in preparing young Canadians to be effective working in and with Asia.
The National Conversation on Asia
The National Conversation on Asia (NCA) is a broad and inclusive initiative to get Canadians thinking and talking about what Asia means to Canada.
Canada-Asia 2013 was held in Vancouver June 3-5. The event brought together top minds from around the world to discuss the latest developments in Asia and to assess the implications for Canada.