Project Specialist (APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership)
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is looking for a Project Specialist to work on its APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership project focusing on micro-, small-, and medium-sized enterprise (MSME) growth in developing APEC economies. The position reports to the Program Manager, APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership, and is based in Vancouver, B.C.
• Supports the work of APF Canada on MSME-related research;
• Assists the Program Manager in co-ordinating and managing meetings, consultations, and partnership events linked to the project, including conferences, roundtables, workshops, and training sessions with leaders and experts from Canada and other APEC economies;
• Contributes to the production of MSME-related research papers, toolkits, and briefs;
• Implements a monitoring and evaluation framework to evaluate project activities;
• Prepares project reports and action plans;
• Under the guidance of the Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project budget;
• Liaises with relevant Canadian government agencies and international organizations related to the project;
• Provides other research support as needed.
Desired Skills and Abilities
• Knowledgeable about issues related to MSMEs particularly in the context of fostering sustainable development and poverty reduction, and promoting gender equality;
• Ability to conduct research, produce analytical reports and briefs;
• Excellent project management skills. Experience in developing or managing a Global Affairs Canada Project Implementation Plan is highly desirable;
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and networking skills;
• Familiarity with policy research and/or policymaking;
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and with short deadlines;
• Ability to work independently on specific files and master new topics quickly;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite, MS Outlook, etc.);
• Working knowledge in Bahasa Indonesia, Spanish, Tagalog, or Vietnamese (asset)
Education and Experience
• A master's degree in international development policy, public administration, business administration, or international political economy, or an undergraduate degree in one of these disciplines combined with 3-to-5 years experience that is directly relevant to this project;
• 1-to-3 years previous work experience in government, think tanks, non-profit organizations, or international development-related organizations;
• Previous work experience liaising with and preparing reports required by Canadian government agencies (asset);
• Project management experience in international development initiatives (asset);
• Experience working in Indonesia, the Philippines, Peru, or Vietnam (asset)
If you are interested in this position and have the required education and experience, please send a letter of interest, CV, and your salary expectation to the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than September 30, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.