Are you a creative and energetic new media specialist? Do you welcome the challenge of building interest and engagement in world-changing new projects?
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is looking for a Social Media & Digital Design Specialist to drive social media outreach for the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership initiative, and to support APF Canada's branded social media channels.
The successful applicant will develop and implement a social media strategy to build awareness of the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and other APF Canada initiatives, increase engagement, and grow our online audiences.
An excellent graphic designer with strong English-language writing skills, the successful candidate will also create visual content for APF Canada's website and social media platforms.
The objective of the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership project is to build the potential of micro-, small-, and medium-sized entrepreneurs (MSMEs) in developing Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies to foster sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
The project supports gender equality and youth activation in the APEC region, and is an initiative of APF Canada and funded by the Government of Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Project Director, the Social Media and Digital Graphic Specialist will allocate 85% of his/her work time to the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and the remaining 15% to other APF Canada projects. Specific responsibilities will include:
Social media (80%):
- Grow APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and APF Canada's online audience and user engagement on all social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.);
- Day-to-day community management, moderation, monitoring and responding to comments and/or question on social media platforms;
- Stay up to date on and utilize emerging social media technologies and features;
- Work with the Senior Project Director and Communications Manager to produce social media campaigns and ads; and,
- Provide reporting on social media analytics on a weekly and monthly basis.
Creative design (20%):
- Create compelling visual content (i.e. graphics, infographics, covers, etc.) for APF Canada's online and social media platforms;
- Participate in the web design process with the Website Manager to ensure esthetic complementarity between APF Canada's website and social media platforms; and,
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media and website graphic content.
Desired skills and abilities
- University or technical institute degree or diploma in communications, new/digital media, creative design;
- Must be fluent in English with exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Expert knowledge of popular social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Instagram LinkedIn, WeChat and WhatsApp;
- 1+ years experience working on business social channels and engaging with audiences online;
- Knowledge of social media analytics;
- Familiarity with social media dashboards, such as Hootsuite;
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator;
- Familiarity with video and audio editing for web and social media is an assest;
- Independent, organized, and a good team player with the ability to work under pressure;
- Creative personality with an eagerness to learn;
- Interest in MSME issues, especially in a developing economy context is an asset;
- Familiarity with content management systems, preferably Drupal is an asset; and,
- Fluency in Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog and/or Bahasa Indonesia is an asset.
If you are interested in this position and have the required education and experience, please send a letter of interest, along with any relevant work in social media that you would like to share with us, together with a CV and your salary expectation, to Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include 'Social Media & Digital Design Specialist' in your subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Are you an experienced operational leader with an interest in international trade, ideas and culture? Are you comfortable around business leaders, academics, country ambassadors and foreign dignitaries? Do you have a reputation for building sound operational platforms and best practices in a service-oriented environment? Are you motivated by collaboration rather than competition and finally, do you embrace the opportunities/challenges that come with the combination of a big mandate and an extremely high level set of stakeholders? If so – we are delighted to share this unique and important opportunity with you.
Based in the central business district of Vancouver, the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APFC) is committed to developing its role as a national catalyst for engagement with Asia (and vice-versa) through stakeholder dialogue, high level events and round-tables, policy development, research and the provision of data, analysis and strategy recommendations. A leader in research and analysis on Canada-Asia relations for over thirty years, the Foundation is well known for its annual national opinion polls of Canadian attitudes regarding relations with Asia, including Asian foreign investment in Canada and Canada's trade with Asia.
APFC seeks a VP, Operations, to guide and direct the functional responsibilities of the Foundation. With support from a team of direct reports, this role will oversee the HR, IT & administration, finance, events and Board support functions. As an integral part of the executive team, the VP, Operations will contribute to the development of APFC strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization. The VP Operations will also play a key liaison role with the Board of Directors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Transformational operational leadership
Solid financial acumen
Superior leadership, mentoring and relationship skills
Strong skills in creative problem-solving, change management, and written/verbal communications
High comfort level interacting with diverse parties including visiting dignitaries, C Suite-level partners, diplomatic and political leaders from Asia and Canada
This is an outstanding and high profile opportunity for an innovative and engaged executive with robust operational experience in a service-oriented, non-profit environment.
If you are excited about this unique opportunity and meet the criteria above, we look forward to hearing from you. To apply in confidence, please submit your resume online below. For further information, please contact Elaine Grotefeld at email@example.com or Esther McGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, click here: http://www.odgersberndtson.com/en-ca/opportunities#AssignDetail.aspx?guid=14032