The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) is looking for a Program Manager to maintain and strengthen its Asia Pacific institutional networks and partnerships. The position reports to the Vice-President, Research and is based at APF Canada's Vancouver office. We are looking to fill this position quickly.
- Leads APF Canada's support of Canadian members for the APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) and Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC);
- Supports the work of the Asia Business Leader's Advisory Council (ABLAC);
- Monitors current affairs relevant to ABAC, PECC, ABLAC, and produces reports, briefings and recommendations on how to advance issues in these organizations;
- Co-ordinates and facilitates meetings, consultations and partnership events;
- Researches and prepares support for research in assigned projects;
- Provides other research support as needed.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current affairs, research and related briefing/reporting of issues related to Asia Pacific Canada economic relations;
- Familiarity with policy research and/or policymaking;
- Strong project management, interpersonal, intercultural and networking, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and with short deadlines;
- Ability to work independently on specific files and master new topics quickly;
- Interest in advancing an informed understanding of Canada-Asia relations;
- Ability to negotiate challenging diplomatic environments;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and customer relationship management (CRM) software;
- Willingness to undertake frequent international travel;
- Working proficiency in at least one Asian language (asset).
Education and Experience
- At least a master's degree in related fields such as economics, public administration, business administration, political science, or international political economy;
- 3-to-5 years previous work experience in government, think tanks, non-profit organizations, or track-two organizations;
- Previous work experience developing and maintaining networks;
- Experience working with or in a multilateral organization;
- Experience supporting CEOs and high-level diplomats;
- Project management experience;
- Previous work experience liaising with and preparing reports required by Canadian government agencies (asset);
- Experience working in Asia (asset).
Candidates with the desired education and experience are encouraged to apply. Please send a letter of interest and CV, including the name and contact information of two references, in one PDF document file to the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 21, 2019. Please include "Program Manager, Networks and Partnerships" in the subject line.
APF Canada is committed to employment equity practices and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates with the legal right to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.