Are you a creative and energetic new media specialist? Do you welcome the challenge of building interest and engagement in a leading Canadian think-tank and its world-changing projects?
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is looking for a Social Media & Graphic Design Specialist to drive social media outreach and build awareness for APF Canada’s branded social media channels and other strategic communications, and to support the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership.
An excellent English-language writer and social media communicator with strong graphic design skills, the successful candidate will also create written and visual content for APF Canada’s website, social media platforms, and other communications channels.
The objective of the ongoing APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership is to build the potential of micro, small, and medium enterprises and entrepreneurs in developing Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies to foster sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction. The project supports gender equality and youth activation in the APEC region, and is an initiative of APF Canada and funded by the Government of Canada.
This position reports to the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership Program Manager, and to APF Canada’s Communications Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Grow APF Canada’s and the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership’s online audiences and user engagement on all social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Work with the Program Manager and the Communications Manager to produce strategic social media campaigns that support a wide-variety of projects and programming
- Monitor, moderate, and respond to day-to-day comments and/or questions on social media channels and platforms
- Stay up to date on and utilize emerging social media technologies and features
- Provide reporting on social media analytics on a weekly and monthly basis, and for reporting documents to Government of Canada
- Create compelling visual content (i.e. graphics, infographics, interactive video shorts, etc.) for APF Canada’s online and social media platforms, and online toolkits for entrepreneurs and MSMEs
- Propose new ideas and concepts for enhanced social media and website graphic content
- Participate in web design meetings and processes and ensure esthetic complementarity between APF Canada’s website and social media platforms
Desired skills and abilities
- University or technical institute degree or advanced diploma in communications, graphic design, new/digital media, or a related field
- 2+ years experience working on business social channels and engaging with audiences online
- Must be fluent in English with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of popular social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn, and WeChat, as well as other dashboards and platforms like Hootsuite, Survey Monkey, and Mail Chimp
- Proficient with social media analytics
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Independent, organized, and a good team player with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Creative personality with an eagerness to learn
- Professional, tactful, and mindful of tonality for different audiences and stakeholders
- Familiarity with video and audio editing for web and social media is an asset
- Familiarity with content management systems, preferably Drupal is an asset
If you are interested in this position and have the required education and experience, please send a letter of interest, along with any relevant work in social media that you would like to share with us, together with a CV and your salary expectation, to Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is May 27, 2019.
Please include ‘Social Media & Graphic Design Specialist' in your subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.