The third annual Asia Business Leaders Advisory Council (ABLAC 2018) will convene March 2, 2018 at the Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto.
Hosted by the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and supported by the Government of Ontario and Export Development Canada, this independent forum brings together a prestigious group of senior business leaders and government policy-makers from across Canada and the Asia Pacific.
Speakers and special guests include:
- Dominic Barton – ABLAC Vice-Chair and Global Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Stewart Beck – President & CEO, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Michael Chan – Minister of International Trade, Government of Ontario
- Janet De Silva – President & CEO at Toronto Region Board of Trade
- Jonathan Fried – Co-ordinator, International Economic Relations, Global Affairs Canada, Sherpa to the G20
- Janice Fukakusa – Chair, Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Kenny Lam, Group President, Noah Holdings Limited
- Kevin Lynch – Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group
- Mark Machin – ABLAC Vice-Chair and President & CEO, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Tiff Macklem – Dean, Rotman School of Management
- Sue Paish – Former President & CEO, LifeLabs and Corporate Director
- Michael Sabia – President & CEO, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Senior representatives of the governments of Canada and Ontario (TBD)
ABLAC 2018 will focus on the current global context affecting Canada’s relationships with Asia, and the development of a forward-looking Canadian Asia Strategy for the 21st century.
#ABLAC2018 | @AsiaPacificFdn
WHEN: March 2, 2018
LOCATION: Omni King Edward Hotel Toronto, 37 King St E, Toronto, ON M5C 1E9
PRESS CONFERENCE (15:45 – 16:00)
The press conference will take place adjacent to the Vanity Ballroom at the Omni King Edward Hotel.
ONE-ON-ONE INTERVIEWS (OPEN TO MEDIA, 16:00 – 17:30)
An opportunity for media to speak one-on-one with ABLAC members from Asia or Canada. The interviews will take place adjacent to the Vanity Ballroom at the Omni King Edward Hotel.
Media members MUST register in advance for these 15-minute time slots. Please note that translation services will not be provided.
DINNER & ARMCHAIR DISCUSSION (OPEN TO MEDIA, 19:00 – 20:50)
Hosted by Export Development Canada, the ABLAC 2018 Dinner will take place in the Sovereign Ballroom, Omni King Edward Hotel.
>>> To register for one-on-one interviews with ABLAC Council Members and/or to attend the ABLAC 2018 Dinner as an accredited member of the media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: ABLAC 2018. Please be advised space at the dinner is limited. <<<
ABLAC 2018 DAYTIME SESSIONS (CLOSED TO MEDIA)