The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is currently seeking students to fill a number of positions on its Asia Pacific Youth Council (APYC) for its March 2017 intake. Now in its second year, APYC organizes a variety of events in Vancouver that raise awareness among Canadian youth of Asia and its increasing importance to Canada.
This is an excellent volunteer opportunity for undergraduate students and young professionals who are interested in Canada-Asia relations, networking with experts and potential mentors, APF Canada and its activites, and other key players in the Canada-Asia interface. For young Canadians interested in building experience in event management and marketing, this is also an excellent opportunity to hone those skills.
Below is a list of available positions and what will be required of successful candidates. Full details can be viewed here.
- President, VP of Communications (Promotions and PR)
- VP of Communications (Internal)
- VP of Finance
- VP of Event Planning and Logistics
- VP of Events Programming
- VP of Outreach and Sponsorship
- Monthly council meetings in Vancouver
- Two signature events for youth (Onsite or offsite)
- One marquee event for youth (Offsite)
- Ongoing outreach/networking/promotional support
- Reporting, as indicated below
- Able to commit for the whole year from April 2017 – March 2018.
- Be physically located in Metro Vancouver, B.C.
- Commit about 15-20 hours per month.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Help promote the activities of the Foundation and the Council.
- Represent the Foundation and the Council in a professional manner.
Interested individuals should email a resume and brief cover letter, outlining their interest in the Council and how they would be successful in their position of choice, to Nicole Chan [firstname.lastname@example.org] no later than Friday, February 20th, 2017.