The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) at the Consulate General in Miami is leading a trade delegation to the annual Go for the Greens (GFTG) Business Development Conference for Women-Owned Businesses and Women Entrepreneurs. The trade delegation will take place from September 20-23, 2023 at the Boardwalk Resort in Orlando, Florida.
What is Go for the Greens, and what does the conference’s name stand for?
Go for the Greens is a high-level business development conference for women-owned businesses and women entrepreneurs looking for supplier diversity opportunities through exclusive access to companies, government agencies and non-profits.
The “Greens” in the conference’s name promotes three important pillars: money, sustainability and golf as a networking tool.
Aerospace, Agriculture and processed foods, Arts and cultural industries, Automotive, Chemicals, Clean technologies, Consumer products, Defence and security, Education, Financial and insurance services, Fish and seafood, Forestry and wood products, Industrial machinery, Information and communications technologies, Infrastructure, Life sciences, Mining, Ocean technologies, Oil and gas, Professional services, Tourism, Transportation, Wine, beer and spirits
The boutique conference offers:
- Valuable networking: Network with corporate/government buyers and other women entrepreneurs who want to trade, collaborate and form strategic alliances;
- Educational programming: Enhance your knowledge and learn about tools to help you successfully grow your business through strategic and smart business topics;
- Concierge Connections: Make business-to-business (B2B) connections in small groups among corporate and government supplier diversity and procurement professionals, women entrepreneurs, non-profit leaders and other attendees;
- Golf networking: Players of all level are welcome to participate in the golfing experience on Saturday to meet, talk business and bond over hole-in-ones.
Support from the Trade Commissioner Service in Miami includes:
- Preparation: Pre-conference webinar to review capabilities statements, best business practices, pre-departure virtual networking, and a post-conference follow-up workshop;
- Support: U.S.-based Trade Commissioners providing support before, during and after the conference;
- Canadian programming at the conference: Canada Reception, meetings with local experts and select opportunities for pre-arranged one-on-one business meetings with corporate/government buyers and other women-owned suppliers (not guaranteed).
Please note: The TCS services provided to the Canadian delegation are free. Delegates are only responsible for covering the cost of their travel and accommodations as well as registration to the Go for the Greens conference. International Full Conference Registration costs are US$ 795.00.
CanExport SMEs funding:
Delegates are invited to apply for CanExport SMEs funding as soon as possible. CanExport SMEs is open to projects in any sector, and reimburses up to 50% of eligible expenses (including costs related to travel and accommodations). To learn more, visit the CanExport webpage and consult the detailed Applicant’s guide to find out how the funding is administered, which activities and companies are eligible, and how to build a project step-by-step.
CanExport SMEs covers the fees to obtain supplier diversity certification under certain conditions. More details can be found in the Applicant’s guide.