The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is offering a C$3,000 grant for a promising young Canadian scholar to participate in the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC) Next Generation Program that will take place September 10 to September 12, 2015 in Manila, Philippines.
PECC is a regional forum for co-operation and policy co-ordination to promote economic development in the Asia Pacific region. It is a unique partnership of senior individuals from business and industry, government, academic and other intellectual circles.
The PECC Next Generation Program, hosted by the Philippines’ national committee (PPECC), is committed to fostering policy-making knowledge and skills among APEC’s next generation. The program aims to promote regional economic co-operation, foster inter-cultural dialogue and cultivate more young leaders for future Asia Pacific co-operation.
The successful grant recipient for this program will represent Canada in the Next Generation Program and will have the opportunity to participate in the PECC General Meeting and meet with standing committee members from across the region.
Benefits to Grant Recipient:
- Opportunity to be Canada’s representative in the Next Generation Program.
- Opportunity to meet and network with influential policy makers from across the Asia Pacific region at the PECC General Meeting from September 10-12, 2015.
- Opportunity to work with peers to develop policy recommendations that will be presented to PECC’s Standing Committee Members at their closing plenary.
- Opportunity to participate in the PECC Essay Competition 2015 with cash prize and future travel opportunities available.
Applicants should be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Enrolled in a master’s-level program. Recent graduates may also apply as long as they have completed their degree programs no later than 12 months prior to the application deadline.
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
The successful recipient will receive a one-time grant valued at up to (C$3,000) to cover economy class airfare from a city in Canada to Manila, Philippines, as well as hotel accommodation at a designated hotel, ground transportation, visa fees (if applicable) and meals en route. Recipients will be requested to submit original receipts to APF Canada.
Applications should include the following:
- A résumé detailing the applicant’s academic background, skills and professional experiences’
- A short writing sample (published or unpublished).
- A one-page letter detailing the applicant’s interests and goals for participating in the PECC Next Generation Program, addressing how they believe Canada can contribute to the APEC 2015 theme of “Building Inclusive Economies, Building a Better World.”
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should reference “PECC Next Generation Program” in the subject line. The application deadline is Friday, July 31, 2015.
Applications are accepted in English and French.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.