ABAC Canada Activities
- ABAC Canada hosted the ABAC II Meeting in Vancouver, April 25-28. This high profile business meeting convened ABAC and other stakeholders from across the APEC region.
- ABAC Canada organized an ABAC Cybersecurity Symposium on April 25, 2022 in Vancouver along the margins of the ABAC II Meeting. The Symposium convened experts, business leaders, and policy-makers to chart a path forward to a more secure digital future across APEC.
- ABAC Digital Symposium, 8-11 March, Virtual
ABAC Canada hosted a three-day virtual digital symposium on March 8-11, 2021. The goal of the symposium was to take stock of innovative solutions that could enable member economies to re-open more fully in the midst of the global COVID pandemic, and to explore the enabling conditions needed to deploy them at scale across APEC. To view the recorded event, click here.
- ABAC Canada-led Report: Artificial Intelligence in APEC: Progress, Preparedness and Priorities
Artificial Intelligence (AI) promises to revolutionize the global economy, contributing as much as US$16 trillion in additional economic output by 2030 and boosting global GDP by 14 per cent. AI will foster continued economic growth and global integration, particularly in the fast-growing and technologically integrated economies of APEC.
APF Canada, in partnership with ABAC and ABAC (Canada) member Jan De Silva, Chair of ABAC’s Digital Working Group and President and CEO of the Toronto Region Board of Trade, is pleased to share a critical contextual analysis of APEC’s readiness to capitalize on AI in the new report, Artificial Intelligence in APEC: Progress, Preparedness and Priorities.
ABAC Meetings 2022
- ABAC I 2022 – February 15-18, Singapore
- ABAC II 2022 – April 25-28, Vancouver
- ABAC III 2022 – July, TBC
- ABAC IV 2022 – October 28-31, Bangkok
ABAC Reports to Leaders
Wellington, New Zealand, 2021: People, Place and Prosperity - Tāngata, Taiao me te Taurikura
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2020: Integration, Innovation, Inclusion - Moving towards Economic Recovery and Resilience
Santiago, Chile, 2019: Inclusive and Collaborative Growth in the Digital Era
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 2018: Digitization and Innovation – Advancing Social Harmony
Da Nang, Vietnam, 2017: Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future
ABAC Press Releases
Deepening Economic Integration and Equipping Business for Dynamic, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth are Key to Economic Recovery Say Business Leaders
Innovations to Solve for Pandemic Challenges to be Showcased in 3-Day Virtual Symposium
People, place and prosperity: Asia-Pacific business community’s call to action
Business Leaders submit recommendations to APEC Ministers Responsible for Trade to address the COVID-19 pandemic
Malaysia, 2020, APEC Collaboration the First-best Strategy to Combat COVID-19, says Business
Sydney, Australia, 2020, Achieving Integration and Inclusion in the Age of Disruption
Jakarta, Indonesia, 2019, Never more important to affirm openness and economic integration, says ABAC Chair
Atlanta, USA, 2019, The digital economy can deliver massive gains – if we get policies right
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 2018, Resolve trade tensions and drive regional cooperation to lift APEC living standards
Toronto, Canada, 2017, APEC must be a beacon of openness, inclusivity and innovation